Discussion of large systems

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 16:51:38 CST 2006

 > Now here's where I'm mystified.  Why would anyone in their right mind
> want to run one of these nowadays?  400Hz power, chilled water supply
> for cooling and cordwood modules that would go bad if the phase of
> the moon was wrong.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to drive a 57 Chevy when a
nice Honda is available?

Why would anyone in their right mind want to operate a steam
locomotive when a nice GM diesel is available?

Why would anyone in their right mind want to read a newspaper when a
Google news is available?

Why would anyone in their right mind want to refinish a table when a
Ikea is available?

Why would anyone in their right mind want to cook a nice meal when
Applebees is available?

Because it is enjoyable?

--
Will