Transformer question (only slightly OT)

Sat Sep 2 23:34:12 CDT 2006

> I built myself a little box that uses a center-off DPDT switch to
> select whether that light bulb is inline with the outlet in the box
> or not.

My father built himself a board which was similar but more elaborate:
he could select among (1) a small (7.5W?) light bulb, (2) a large
(100W?) light bulb, (3) a high-wattage heating element that was still
under the breaker trip current for that mains circuit (an iron, I
think), or (4) no limiter at all.

If I did much work where such a thing were useful, I probably would
have put together something similar myself. :-)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca