Apple SCSI

jim stephens jwstephens at msm.umr.edu
Mon Sep 4 00:30:19 CDT 2006

Scott Quinn wrote:

> I had heard that Apple did the DB-25 thing because the HD-50 hadn't been standardized yet and
>they didn't have enough back-panel real estate on the Plus for a 50-pin ribbon/Centronics type.

I recall the HD50 before I went off the comittee.  I think apple did the
DB25
cable then got it standardized.  I don't recall who brought in the HD50
cable,
but it may have been AMP directly who was a member of the committee doing
cables as was required for whatever interface.

I think the real estate problem is likely a reason over the connector.
I would
also think the cost would be a factor as well.