Paper tape Utilities/Images

Dave Dunfield dave06a at dunfield.com
Tue Sep 5 08:50:49 CDT 2006

In case anyone is interested:

I have posted the utilities I created to read paper tapes to my site in the
Software/Images section (near the bottom of the main page):

Paper Tape Reader (PTR) reads data from a reader connected to a PC
parallel port. It was tested with an OAE OP-80A, however it should work
with any reader which provides parallel data, a "data ready" strobe, and
accepts an ACK pulse to reset for the next byte.

Paper Tape Compare (PTC) is a utility to identify differences between
paper tape image files. It a little brighter than "comp" for examining
paper tape streams -  useful to confirm multiple reads.

Source code is included so you can modify to suit your own setup as
required.

I have also started a section of Paper Tape Images - currently only the
processor technology VDM drivers are there, however I anticipate obtaining
and reading addional tapes later this fall - as always, submissions to the
archive from other sources would be very welcome.

--
dave06a (at)    Dave Dunfield
                http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/index.html