Minimal KDJ11 system

Paul Anderson useddec at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 14:38:55 CDT 2006

Hi David,

Can I give you a call to discuss this?

Thanks, Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org [mailto:cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org]
On Behalf Of David Betz
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:48 AM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
Subject: Minimal KDJ11 system

I am about to drastically cut back on my collection of PDP-11
hardware. After giving away everything on the list posted in another
message, I will have the following QBus boards left:

M8192 (KDJ11-A)
M8059KF (128KW RAM, two)
M8047CA (boot, serial, RAM)

What I'd like to do is find a small QBus backplane and power supply
that will accept these four cards and then use the TU58 emulation
software to boot RT-11 over a serial link to a PC. I understand that
this will be slow but most of my work with PDP-11s so far has been
with the PDT-11/150 and its floppy drives are very slow. Maybe I'll
feel right at home!

In any case, does anyone have a small QBus backplane and power supply
that they are willing to sell or trade?