bad keys on terminals

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 15 16:51:43 CDT 2006

> > > That makes sense as one possible reason.  I'd prefer not to have to
> > > assume, though.
> >
> > Well, apart from that, and the 'business' reason (that they sell more
> > kits if you waste most of them), can you think of any other reasons?
>
> I've worked with a number of 2-part molding and casting supplies, mostly
> urethanes and variations on RTV rubber, and they're often sensitive to
> oxygen and/or atmospheric moisture: once you open the factory seal, they

Good suggestion. I don't recall there being anything in the instructions
about this, though, and there were no seals on the contains (obviously
there were lids with rubber washers, but nothing about not removing them
before you mix the stuff).

Incidentally, do you have any experience of the 2-pack 'synthetic
rubbers' that Devcon (and others) make? I may well need to use such a
product to make a roller (for a classic computer -- an HP9820's internal
printer), and I do need to mix small amounts. The smallest Devxon pack I
can get over here is something like 500g, and costs \pounds 30.00. I am
going to go broke very quickly if I have to pay that out for every test
run (I know it won''t work first time).