SCSI CD burner

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Fri Sep 15 23:35:56 CDT 2006

I've been going crazy here trying to get a burner working.  One flat-out won't
see a disc,  even though I bought that one brand new (though that was a while
ago and I made the mistake of continually using it for a CDROM drive as
well),  another one has mechanical problems,  and then there's this external
unit...

It's a Yamaha CRW4260tx.  I don't have a cable to connect from it to the
Adaptec 2940 card that's installed in the machine.  I currently have a 50-pin
cable running from the inside connector on the Adaptec card to the internal
connector on the drive (with its cover off).

I'd like to put the drive in the box.  Right now for both device number and
termination these functions are handled by the external drive's box,  on the
rear panel.

Can any of you guys help me with whether jumpers need to be _on_ or _off_ a
pair of pins to make termination happen and to assign a device number?  I'd
measure it with a meter but don't have any handy means to get into those
connectors at the moment...

-
M Dakin