ATT 3b1 mouse

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Sep 19 09:11:53 CDT 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 1:59 AM, Paxton Hoag wrote:
>> Sorry. I meant the 3b1 (aka Unix PC)
>
> I think it was a logitech two button rectangular wedge shaped mouse
> used by lots of vendors. They came in both serial and parallel, I
> think the AT&T one was serial. It has been a long time. Both had a D 9
> pin connector.

   I think you're correct that it's a Logitech, but I'm not positive.
What I am positive about, though, is that the 3B1 uses a 3-button
mouse.  If memory serves its connector resembles a modular one but with
a slightly more elaborate locking mechanism.

> I had several 3B1s go through my hands in the early 1990s.

   Very cool.  I sold and serviced them in an after-school job in 9th
grade.  I spent every spare moment bouncing between the 3B1 (actually a
7300...nearly identical) and the DEC Pro350 we had in the store.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL