UK Science Museum Exhibition features PDP-1?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 19 18:07:32 CDT 2006

>  From my perspective, "Game On" was great for my kids:  They hear me talking
> about old computers but haven't ever been face-to-face with a PDP
> or a vector display or have much understanding that computers were
> indeed only monochrome for quite a while.

You mean you've not let them loose on your own collection? Why not?

> And perhaps you don't have recent exposure to prices at tourist spots.

Thankfully not. But what I do have is a good idea of what I expect to get
for a given amount of money, and that exhibition doesn't seem to provide
it (at least not compared to other museums, albeit not in London, that I
have visited recently).