Dymo Labelwriter 330 Turbo (data)

aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 16:43:13 CDT 2006

 --- "John R." <jhoger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/25/06, aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk
> <aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone has any data on
> > the Dymo Labelwriter 330 Turbo?
> >

> I seem to recall downloading the command format fr
om
> their website.
> Keep looking. Did you try downloading the SDK
> through the Developers
> tab? Maybe there's a document in there.
>
> If you can't find it you can always use a machine
> with two serial
> ports (serial protocol analyzer to snoop the
> traffic. HP serial
> protocol analyzers up to 19200bps units go pretty
> cheap on ebay these
> days if you want a stand-alone. This is not a task
> you can con someone
> else into doing if it ain't already done (well, yo
> could pay them, I
> guess). It is a challenge that you will have to me
et
> yourself if you
> cannot find documentation.
>
> -- John.

Thanks for that, if no-one can help I'll look
out for that piece of kit on eBay and get
myself a laptop (I hate MS & Windoze)

I did some research before buying myself the
Labelwriter, and some guy (I forget his name)
has written a driver for a modern printer
so he could use it with his retro one.
He used software to intercept the data being
sent/recieved, rather than some equipment.

I also hooked up the Labelwriter to my Amiga
600, and used AMOS BASIC to try and get it
to print something by sending random data
(perhaps a bad idea) to it with no luck.
I did, however, confirm that the Amiga
recognised that the printer was connected.

Regards,
Andrew B
aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk