FW: Third round of Diskette Experiments completed (results)

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 28 17:39:28 CDT 2006

[...]

> The Diskette Experiments, Phase III
> ----------------------------------
>
> The Test Disks
> --------------

[...]

> Drunk Disk
> ----------

[...]

> Conclusion: The disk is unreadable due to a
> physical (non-bit) failure of the disk jacket
> and internal disk mylar heavily sticking to the
> jacket itself.

My first reaction would the to open up one side of the jacket, slide out
the disk (and keep it the right way up!), clean the surface of said disk
and then either 'mount a naked floppy' or use a spare jacket.

It would be interesting to know if the data could be recovered if you did
that (in all 3 cases).