z-machine on pdp8 (or paging Woodelf)

Vincent Slyngstad vrs at msn.com
Wed Apr 4 17:06:50 CDT 2007

From: "Ethan Dicks" <ethan.dicks at gmail.com>
> On 4/4/07, Zane H. Healy <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
>> What about on an -8/a?  I believe I've got a new 128k board for an -8/a,
>> just don't have an -8/a.
>
> The you also need a KT8A to use the MSC8-DJ 128K memory card (or, IIRC
> 4 x 32K MSC8-AB boards).  They are somewhat rare.

I believe I've got a KT8A or two, and even a working 8/A to put them in,
all within a few miles of Zane.  (But I can't take on writing a z-machine
anytime soon.)

> I've never seen those particular add-in boards in a machine in the
> wild.  I bought mine from DEC resellers.

I bought a set from a fellow collector, but I've also seen them on
ePay from time to time.  They don't seem as rare as I'd expected.

    Vince