ST506 WTB:Micropolis 1325

Jeff Walther trag at io.com
Thu Apr 5 23:54:18 CDT 2007

>Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 20:57:00 -0800
>From: "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com>

>At 11:02 PM -0400 4/5/07, John Kourafas wrote:
>>Also looking for a Micropolis 1325 MFM Drive, 71/80MB , I've seen
>>both the ST506 and Mic. 1325 on eBay for like 600.00 which I think
>>is crazy...
>
>A Micropolis 1325 MFM drive is a DEC RD53.  The reason they go for so
>much is because there are systems still in commercial use that need
>these drives.
>
>Zane

For what it's worth the ST506 was stock in some model of Packard Bell
80286 machines.   So, if you run across any of those dinosaurs which
have not been scrapped, crushed and melted, they could be a source.

Back in the early 90's I upgraded our data entry staff's computers
with new guts and the ST506 is what I was pulling out of them.   If I
had only known to hold on to the old drives...

Jeff Walther