IBM PC printer adapter schematic

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 18:29:29 CDT 2007

On 4/7/07, Tony Duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I wrote:
> > That's handy to know - every once in a while, I long for a machine
> > with 2 or 3 parallel adapters, for things like old Connectix cameras,
> > LCD displays and the like.  I've never assembled an ISA machine with
> > more than one printer adapter....
>
> Well, you can have as may printer adapters as yopu like if you can set
> them all to different addresses and if you're writing your own software
> to talk to them...

Naturally.  The problem I see is that only the older cards might let
you set the printer port to respond to arbitrary addresses - the ones
I have are almost (entirely?) all of the style where you move a single
jumper for LPT1 vs LPT2 (primary vs secondary address).

I wasn't as worried about the OS interpretation since I don't intend
to *print* to my printer port.

-ethan