HP2100A core memory (period) prices

Bob Shannon bshannon at tiac.net
Sun Apr 8 08:33:50 CDT 2007

I don't seem to have the 'exact' data requested, but I can come close.

I'm looking at the 1969 HP catalog.  This is too early for the 2100A
but it does document the prices for the HP2116B.  I was looking for
2100 or 2116C prices, as the 2100 uses 2116C core modules.

No luck finding that pricing data so far, but here is what I have:

(1969 catalog prices)

HP2116B with 8K words $24,000
HP2116B with 16K words $34,000

Pricing for the 24K and 32K configurations were 'available upon request'.

Note that 8K words of HP core did not always add $10,000 to the price!

HP2114A with 4K words $9,950
HP2114A with 8K words $13,950

Note that the 2114 uses slower core than the 2116 / 2100.
(HP2116 3.2us to store 16 bits, HP2114/5 4.0 us to store 16 bits)

Here is the same info for the very rare HP2115:

HP2115A with 4K words $14,500
HP2115A with 8K words $19,500

Overall, the 1969 pricing was about $1,000 for 1024 words of 17
bits per word, sometimes higher for faster memory.