ImageDisk update

Dave Dunfield dave06a at dunfield.com
Sun Apr 8 07:12:15 CDT 2007

>> I was afraid of that - Getting a 5160 to network (to get the
>> images off) is a little painful - I believe I have an 8088 compatible
>> network client, but all my network cards are 16-bit etc.)
>
> If you have an Intel Etherexpress 8/16 it will work, but you need to set
> it up for 8-bit mode whilst in a 16-bit slot first, using the software
> that comes with it IIRC.  I've heard that most older 3com cards will
> work in an 8-bit slot if you put them there, but I haven't tried it.

Ok - I should have said "configured for 16-bit" - I'm sure that some of
my network card will operate in 8-bit- I just have to figure out which
ones, find the docs and/or configuration utility, finf the 8-bit client
etc. etc. ... Doable - just more work than I'd like - thanks to all for
all the card suggestions.

Dave

--
dave06a (at)    Dave Dunfield