World's first computer on ebay!

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 17:57:40 CDT 2007

--- Tony Duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> A Tatung Einstein???
>
> Since when has a Z80-based machine been the first
> computer (or even the
> first home computer).

 Ok so the dude is a sheister. What should then be
known as the first home computer? Funny, I haven't the
wherewithal to even make a guess at this particular
moment.
 It's an interesting looking unit though. I've heard
of it already of course, but frankly I don't recall
ever seeing one (a picture that is).
 According to
(http://old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=86
 it is very near an MSX style of computer, but
incompatible with such. I'm guessing the Sony SMC-70
series is also very near, though likely not as near as
ths one. I often wonder what it would take to turn it
MSX, and if anyone across the pond busies themself
with such activity...

> 64K of RAM, with a 16K
> ROM that can replace part of the RAM

 swap in or out IOWs?

> There's a built-in 3" (not 3.5") floppy drive with a
> WD chip (I think a
> 1170) to control it. And space for a second drive.

 It will drive a 3.5" floppy as b:, wondering if it
can do it as the a: drive also.

> 'Tube' is a
> pun on 'bus', both
> being public transport systems in London)

 I was under the impression Tube was a reference to a
subway (undeground railway). Ah well...