TU56 Rack Mounting question

djg at pdp8.net djg at pdp8.net
Thu Apr 12 07:10:49 CDT 2007

> Does a TU56 normally have rack-mount rails?  I have two TU56 drives and
> neither of them have rails.  How are these typically mounted?

Like others have said with the normal rail screws.  To make it easy
to get in and out I got some angle iron from the hardware store and
bolted it between the front and back rails  below the drive so I could
slide the drive in then put a couple of screws in. Most items that
will be below it are narrow enough that they will clear the angle iron.

Not correct but since I was taking it for display that made the disassembly
and reassembly much easier.