World's first computer on ebay!

Stan Barr stanb at dial.pipex.com
Thu Apr 12 03:03:20 CDT 2007

Hi,

Chris M said:

> --- Tony Duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > There's a built-in 3" (not 3.5") floppy drive with a
> > WD chip (I think a
> > 1170) to control it. And space for a second drive.
>
>  It will drive a 3.5" floppy as b:, wondering if it
> can do it as the a: drive also.

I believe some people in the user's group did that.
I had an external 5.25-inch floppy as drive c: so I could read
disks written by 22-disk on my old pc.  Only worked under cp/m
or zcpr3 though, xtaldos couldn't handle it.

While digging out some 3.5-inch floppies yesterday I came across
my collection of 3-inch disks, a mixture of Eintein and Amstrad
format ones, including CP/M 2.2, CP/M+, Pascal and Forth...perhaps
I should offer them for 500 quid to whoever purchases the Eintein :-)

--
Cheers,
Stan Barr  stanb at dial.pipex.com

The future was never like this!