Help to identify a Selectric based terminal.

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Apr 17 02:01:15 CDT 2007

On 16 Apr 2007 at 23:00, Bob Rosenbloom wrote:

> My real quest is a "Model B" I/O typewriter as was used on the IBM 1620,
> model 1. Probably end up with a bunch of solenoids
> under a standard typewriter!

It always seemed like that darned thing would fall to pieces after
awhile, particularly after the carriage returns.

Didn't Royal or one of the other typewriter manufacturers first offer
a solenoid-driven typewriter?    Of course, there were the old
Teletypes with standard typewriter-style print bars.

Cheers,
Chuck