NCR 399

Bob Rosenbloom bobalan at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 17 15:21:03 CDT 2007

Jim Battle <frustum at pacbell.net> wrote: Bob Rosenbloom wrote:
> There's an NCR 399 computer on ebay I was thinking of bidding on (I like desk sized computers!). Does anyone know anything about them? It's item number: 290105191721.
>
> Thanks,

I don't know anything about it, but google does: I just searched on "ncr
399".

http://www.thecorememory.com/html/ncr_399.html
http://www.montagar.com/~patj/ncr_01.htm

and some others.

I saw the stuff on the web. I was just hoping someone here had actually used one and could give me an impression if it was worth saving. Looks like most people are interested in the RS computers and would pay the $75 to have the NCR trashed.
I don't think it can be used as a stand-alone system. From some web sources, it needs at least a cassette drive or the hard disk drives.

Bob