Mac Rasterops Drivers

Robert Borsuk rborsuk at colourfull.com
Fri Apr 20 09:06:55 CDT 2007

Teo,
	I don't have an archive but I should have several of the disks.  In
fact I found one last night and will be happy to image and post it in
a few days (I'll have to dig out a Mac with a floppy).  The reason
you don't see drivers is because majority of the Mac Video Nubus
cards contain the drivers in ROM on the card.  A lot of times, the
"driver" ( I hate to call it that) simply put in an extension that
toggled some bits in the PRAM for acceleration or such.  I use to be
the engineering manager for Xceed Technology.  We used to buy a bunch
of our competitors cards to test compatibility and MacBench our video
cards against them.
As I go through more of my floppies, I'll set aside the Rasterops
ones I find.

Rob

On Apr 18, 2007, at 9:45 AM, Teo Zenios wrote:

> Anybody happen to have a Rasterops archive for Mac Nubus cards? I
> have a few older cards (Mediatime, 24stv, 24si, Acellerator II,
> etc) and was looking for drivers.
>
> These seem to be harder to find then the common Supermac and Radius
> stuff.

Rob Borsuk
email: rborsuk at colourfull.com
Colourfull Creations