SGI Reality Monster drives/OS?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Fri Apr 20 12:19:58 CDT 2007

In article <102301c78356$2b9a5830$f0fea8c0 at alpha>,
    "Alexandre Souza" <alexandre-listas at e-secure.com.br>  writes:

> > Nope, all the SGI machines in this auction were sans hard drives:
> > <http://www.dovebid.com/assets/display.asp?ItemID=cpt58901>
>
>     :oO
>
>     Does it runs "doom" in 4D-Virtual-Reality-Lawnmover-man-system? :o)

Actually, there is an X11 port of doom that runs on SGI boxes, so
yeah, I could probably run doom on that once I get hard drives and an
OS on it.  I don't think it would be lawnmower man style (god, what an
awful movie).  LM came out in 1992 and the "Reality Monster" came out
in 1999.  I guess that doesn't really make this machine "vintage" so
much as "discontinued".  Still, getting 4 racks of SGI iron for $666
(the devil made me do it!) is a steal.