ST506 / ST412 - never see any 3 1/2"?

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 20:45:13 CDT 2007

M H Stein wrote:
> Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 20:20:24 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: ST506 / ST412 - never see any 3 1/2"?
>
>>> Any idea why?  I'd love to have a handful of 20mb 3
>> 1/2" drives to use
>>> for various things but I never see them.
>>>
>>> I'm talking about drives from Rodime, Seagate,
>> Lapine, etc... cerca 1985.
>>
>> Most were unreliable, Miniscribe comes to mind.
>
> Hehe - Don't forget the wonderful Kalok Octa-gone...
>
> Octa-went.
>
> -Ian
> Ah, yes, Kalok; a name that evokes many memories, none pleasant...
> (although in my experience the Miniscribes weren't _too_ bad)

I have one of those kalok drives, along with an unidentified board --
how do I go about using it? I have some Pentium 3 machines I could put
it in, but I was wondering how exactly do I go about getting it to work.

--
The real problem with C++ for kernel modules is: the language just sucks.
	-- Linus Torvalds