Acorn Second Processors (was: Re: Quick survey on equipment)

Ensor classiccmp at memory-alpha.org.uk
Thu Apr 26 01:10:28 CDT 2007

Hi,

  >> Think I'll just get a Z80 Second Processor for my Beeb
  >>instead (far less hassle).
  >
  > I didn't think those were _that_ common...

Ooer, don't say that....there used to be *lots* of them at radio rallies,
but I haven't been to one for a couple of years (planning on doing Elvaston
Castle this year though).

I suppose I could always make one, assuming the necessary ROM images are
available somewhere? I don't recall there being any custom logic in the 6502
Second Processor and my memory of the Torch Z80 2nd processor is waaay to
hazy.

Which brings me onto a second point. I actually have at least one BBC
"Master" too, I have a vague recollection that these have a connector for an
internal, as well as an external, second processor?

Do you know of any websites where I could get more info?

  TTFN - Pete.