Amstrad PCW 8256/8512

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 05:19:38 CDT 2007

roger pugh wrote:
> There is a very high chance that the floppy disk drive has a broken or
> streached drive belt preventing it from turning the floppy.  A Rubber
> band is a good temporary substitute.

I know I've said it before on here... the owner of the first computing place I
worked at used to make a fortune out of replacing those belts. We used to have
a lot of Amstrad stuff come in, and 9 times out of 10 on those machines the
culprit was a stretched or broken belt.

It was an easy five minute fix, but I think the repair charges were a flat
rate for the first hour or something, so he used to make an absolute bundle
out of those systems.