DC-600/300XL tape cart observation

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Apr 30 23:09:47 CDT 2007

On 30 Apr 2007 at 9:19, jd wrote:

> So how would you store such carts for the long term?
>
> Sealed can with dessicator, maybe?
>
> Mason jars?

Seal-a-meal in a dewar of liquid nitrogen,maybe.

The Imation guy got back to me and informed me that, as far as the
factory is concerned, there is no belt.  They start with  die-cut
doughnuts of a type of sheet polyurethane (proprietary treatment)
and feed them into a jig that "flips" and stretches them to shape.
He said that it was virtually impossible to do this manually.

So, if you've got a belt that holds its shape as a belt, it's
probably too far gone already.

Cheers,
Chuck