newbie building a scratch-built computer

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 4 09:37:25 CDT 2007

>From: "Dave Dunfield" <dave06a at dunfield.com>
>
> > Thanks for all the information everyone. I'm really looking into
>everything
> > now, as far as building a computer from an off the shelf CPU such as a
>Z80
> > or 6502. One thing that has occurred to me is that I will likely need an
> > EPROM Burner. Where can I get such a device for a modern PC?
>
>The logic needed to program a modern EPROM (from 2716 onward) is pretty
>simple and straight-forward. A simple EPROM programmer is another useful
>and easy to build project. I have a design with software somewhere on my
>commercial site - it's more than you need, with a keypad/display so that
>it can run stand-alone, but you could borrow the programming algorithms
>from it (or just read the data sheets) to build up a simple PC controlled
>device.

Hi
What I'd really like is information on programming some of the older
Altera eprom logic arrays. Since these are obsolete, the software
and hardware to program these is no longer supported.
These are potentially great experimenter devices. With out and
specs on programming they are useless.
Dwight