UK VCF or equivalent

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 06:46:36 CDT 2007

On 07/08/07, Gordon JC Pearce <gordon at gjcp.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 16:28 -0700, Sellam Ismail wrote:
>
> Incidentally:
>
> > *IF* you put on an event of your own and choose to call it the "Vintage
> > Computer Festival", *THEN* I will bury your event.  Do what you like, but
> > find your own name.
>
> This is why I wouldn't call it VCF or have anything to do with the US
> VCFs in any case.  The mere fact that someone has enough ego to go "It's
> *MY* name and if you use it I'll *crush* you, muahahahaha" puts me off
> any further involvement.

Actually, you have my pretty much complete agreement on that point.

Saying "look, it's my name, I run a business, please talk to me about
using it", fine, no problem.

Saying "it's mine, you want to steal it, I will hunt you down" - well,
that bespeaks some very poor things about the person making the
statement.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508