Burners - was newbie building a scratch-built computer

Billy Pettit Billy.Pettit at wdc.com
Thu Aug 9 16:53:12 CDT 2007

Mike Ford wrote:

Look around a bit and I am sure you will still find cheap and cheesy
solutions, PC cards or something off the parallel printer connection.

---------------

Maybe that is something I can sell at the next VCF.  For years, I bought
burners when I saw them but never used them.  I know I have some of the
parallel port types, plus some that plug into PC busses.  Even a couple that
work on the Apple II.  And recently, I bought a spate of Data I/O 19's, a
couple of 29B's and several other assorted models.  I usually tear them
apart for the parts and toss the chassis.  Although the Data I/O 100 has the
perfect chassis for a project I am working on, so there I kept the chassis
and tossed some of the parts.

Did the same for some HP 1611 Microsprocessor Logic Analyzers.  Maybe I
should take them to the VCF to sell?  Most flea market buyers don't seem to
know what they are.

Billy