Connecting to Model EZ135A SyQuest drives

Tony Wills ajwills at paradise.net.nz
Tue Aug 14 21:51:57 CDT 2007

Does anyone have experience with connecting Model EZ135A SyQuest drives
(that read 135MB removeable cartridges) to PCs?  I think they were
originally sold as external SCSI or parallel port devices.  The bare drive
that I've got has an IDE type interface, but I'm told they don't identify
themselves properly on the IDE bus so that the PC BIOS doesn't recognise
them.  (I'm trying to find a way to read some old archive disks).