UK VCF?

Ade Vickers javickers at solutionengineers.com
Mon Aug 13 15:29:57 CDT 2007

Roger Pugh wrote;
> On 9 Aug 2007, at 23:30, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 14:58 -0700, Billy Pettit wrote:
> >
> >> So we have 23 people interested, very few exhibitors and a large
> >> geographic spread but with clusters in Yorkshire(5), Manchester(3)
> >> and London(2 plus 2 nearby).
> >>

> > And a couple of us up in Scotland.
> >
> > Gordon
> >

> I have car and will travel..  can bring a working Apple Lisa
> and Macintosh
>
> ICL OPD HP85 and a few other 8 or 16 bitters
>
> I'm in West Sussex

Hi all,

I missed out on a couple of weeks worth of posts, due to a problem with my
e-mail, which means I don't know what's been decided here, if anything...
However, I get the gist, so I'll chuck my tuppence in:

I also have a car, & will travel - I'm currently located near Liverpool
(i.e. Manchester region), and although I plan to be living in Spain after
mid September, I will be returning relatively regularly, and could make a
trip to a UK VCFalike.

I can bring (working): Sinclair QLs, Sharp MZ-80K/A/B, an HP85, probably a
couple of PETs (4016 & 8032) - and, if it still works, the infamous Mator
Shark CBM PET harddrive (even bigger & heavier than the official Commodore
unit!), an OPD.

Also, currently non-working, an Osborne OCC1 (1st version, with the ribbon
cable to the keyboard), an HP1000 with disk drives, tape drives, printer -
but no software at all (it used to work, but needs to be dried out for a
while before I attempt to boot it - and besides, I have no software, or
knowledge of how to make it actually do anything), an HP1000 model A700
(which apparently doesn't exist - except I have one...). Hmm, I'll need a
big van if I'm to bring the HPs...

+ various other things, most of which I've forgotten what they are, where
they are, & whether or not they work...

Cheers!
Ade.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.