UK retro show evening

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Aug 17 05:23:04 CDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 09:55:49AM +0100, Mark Wickens wrote:

> I can't believe I've opened such a heated debate!
> How about another suggestion - a UK cctalk members get together. It looks like
> the complexity of organising a general event, and previously documented
> failures, are likely to put people off.
>
> I'm thinking 'start small' here. Maybe an event with 30 or so participants?
> Primarily to 'chew-the-cud'?

How about "come to the pub and natter".

I propose the evening of Thursday the 6th of September, at whatever
venue the London Perl Mongers choose for their social to be held on that
day.  It will be announced here:
  http://london.pm.org/meetings/

Sure, it's not convenient for non-Londoners, but it's a start.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

Perl: the only language that makes Welsh look acceptable