Odd QIC-like tape

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Aug 20 09:21:26 CDT 2007

On 20 Aug 2007 at 13:14, Jules Richardson wrote:

> I've got various converter boards here, but I think they're all QIC-02 or
> QIC-36 (and SCSI at the other side). I don't think I've ever seen a 5.25" QIC
> drive that isn't QIC-02, QIC-36, or SCSI at the interface... (having said
> that, I've not peered into the IBM RT's drive - it wouldn't surprise me if
> they didn't use something weird :-)

I should mention that this Adic is old enough that it won't fit a FH
5.25" space.  It's in its own case with PSU and special front bezel
and is quite a bulky thing.  The drive has a small motherboard. One
slot has the motor drive PCB; the other has the tape interface logic.
 A ribbon cable connects the drive to a small board in the rear of
the case containing the unit select switches and the interface
connectors as well as a bit of "glue" logic.  It's quite an affair.

Cheers,
Chuck