DigiBarn

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Mon Aug 20 12:39:50 CDT 2007

Article about the DigiBarn,
"BOULDER CREEK, Calif.--Can you imagine a computer history museum that has
to be packed up and put away each winter and then unpacked each summer, and
which has three potbellied pigs as its mascot?

I can, because I've just visited the DigiBarn, a wonderful trip down
silicon memory lane that's nestled in a 90-year-old barn, close to a
19th-century farmhouse deep in the Santa Cruz mountains, about 90 minutes
south of San Francisco.

The DigiBarn, which is the pride and joy of NASA contractor Bruce Damer and
his partner in curation, Alan Lundell, ..."

http://news.com.com/A+trip+down+computer+memory+lane/2100-1042_3-6203311.html?tag=st.prev

It goes on to describe some of the old mechanical calculators (the Curta!)
and Apple stuff in the collection, the Altair, the PET, etc. One photo
looks like an RK05 pack, although the schmuck is holding it backwards.
Click the photo to see the photo gallery. The photos are very arty but not
identified worth a darn.

-T

-----
861. When I get a little money, I buy books. When I get a little more, I buy
food. --Erasmus
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)    WEB: http://www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531