Tube or not Tube

Rod Smallwood RodSmallwood at mail.ediconsulting.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 01:18:33 CDT 2007

... And now for somthing completely different..

As many of you know my main interest is DEC equipment.

 As with most electronics its the parts that are under the most stress
that fail.
I am starting to accumulate a pile of DEC VT series terminals with low
out put picture tubes
and failed Line Output Transformers.

Before doing anything drastic it crossed my mind that somebody at some
may have changed the tube in a DEC terminal.
There are two issues with this one.

    a) Where do you get the replacement tube from.

    b) How do you fit it.

If anybody has tried it I would be pleased to hear how they got on.

Rod Smallwood

The DecCollector