Building my own classic style computer update

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 26 08:34:48 CDT 2007

Somehow I missed the original, but this are my 2 cents;
> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 23:52:47 +0100 (BST)
> From: ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk (Tony Duell)
> Subject: Re: Building my own classic style computer update
> To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
>

>> I have been scrounging for parts for my computer, and I believe I have hit
>> the jackpot. A friend of mine set me up with some older Seiko control system
>> boards, various revisions, from the late 80s. On them are many ICs,
>> including RAMs, Z80 CPUs, and PIOs, as well as some AMD Arithmetic
>> processors, a Z80 SIO/2, and other various components. I want to try to make
>> my computer from these components. Can anyone point me in a good direction
>> for the datasheets, preferably online, for these mostly obsolete ICs? Some
>> of them I don't even know what they are, and some I cannot find online,
>> presumably because they are obsolete. Here's a partial list of them:
>> NEC D780C
>>

> AFAIK it's an exact equivaletn of a Z80 CPU. I've never found a circuit
> that works with one and not the other.

Nec states it is pin and software compatible in their 'Microcomputers
1983/1984' data book.

>> NEC D770008AC-6
>>

> No idea

Not in my databooks.

>> NEC D4364C-15L
>>

> I guess that's a 64K*1 DRAM, similar to a 4164

Static NMOS RAM 8k x 8

>> NEC D8251AC
>>

> Equivalent to the Intel 8251, National Semiconductor INS8251, etc. It's a
> USART
>

>> NEC D449C
>>

> No idea

Static NMOS RAM 2k x 8

>> AMD AM9511A-1DC
>>

> AMD floating point chip

http://electrickery.xs4all.nl/comp/dai/doc/AM9511.pdf. If you decide not
to use this part or has some spare, I am very interested. I still have a
DAI computer with a socket waiting for such a chip
(http://www.xs4all.nl/~fjkraan/comp/dai/index.html).

>> Sharp LH0081A

A Z80 PIO clone
>> Sharp LH0082