EPROM emulators (was Re: newbie building a scratch-built computer)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:05:51 CDT 2007

On 8/5/07, Brad Parker <brad at heeltoe.com> wrote:
> If you're talking about eprom emulators, "back in the day" I used to
> use a device called a "PROMICE".

Got one of those myself.  It's a verrrry niiice.  ;-)

> It was wonderful.  I did a few different boot proms with one. Very handy.
> It was made by (I think) Grammer Engine.  Try www.promice.com.  But
> gosh, they do seem more expensive now that I remember...

Yes... Grammar Engine makes the PromICE.  I've known Arvind since
before he made his first ROMulator (22 years ago).  He was the design
engineer for the COMBOARD-I, the first model of 68000-based HASP and
3780 engine from Software Results.  Arvind's a great guy to work with,
and makes solid products.   If anyone on the list ever ends up with a
PromICE, I think you'll be really satisfied with it.

-ethan