EPROM emulators (was Re: newbie building a scratch-built computer)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Aug 28 23:00:18 CDT 2007

On Aug 28, 2007, at 10:21 PM, Ethan Dicks wrote:
>>> Yes... Grammar Engine makes the PromICE.
>>
>>    I have one, but with no accessories (target cable, power supply,
>> etc), software, or docs.  Can you give me a run-down on what I'd need
>> to get it operational?
>
> Did you look here yet?       http://www.promice.com/support.htm

   Ahh, no I hadn't.  I pulled down the manuals; my unit looks to be
a good bit older than that (though still similar).  Upon digging it
out and looking it over, it seems to be reasonably well-labeled, with
a big DIP switch to select emulated EPROM size, and some jumpers for
other stuff.  The serial port is an RJ12 modular connector.

   Ahh, the manual for the unit I have is on bitsavers!  I think I
can make up the required cables with relative ease.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL