HP DraftMaster I

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Aug 30 17:31:41 CDT 2007

On 30 Aug 2007 at 23:05, Tony Duell wrote:

> Checking through some of the stuff I've picked up in my career as a
> hacker (to paraphrase you-know-who), I've come across a set of routines
> and a little hardware mod to link a GPIB device to a PC printer port. The
> author of this stuff? None other than Chuck Guzis :-)

<Blush>  I got my inspiration and motivation for that (as I recall)
from two things--a pile of GPIB cables for the printer port of a
Victor 9000 at a local surplus place--and an HP 5-pen plotter picked
up at the going-out-of-business sale of a Control Data business
retail store (gives you an idea of how long ago it was).  I also had
a fresh copy of SuperCalc for the PC and a 5150 with an MDA.   I
coded the original routine as a TSR that hooked one of the BIOS
interrupts, so Supercalc was none the wiser.

Funny how some things come together at the right times...

Cheers,
Chuck