Small SBC kits for Christmas!

Evan evan at snarc.net
Sat Dec 15 10:57:00 CST 2007

Apple I is Vince's deal -- www. brielcomputing.com (or maybe it is "brielcomputers.com" or something like that...)

-----Original Message-----

From:  "Matt Lichtenberg" <kerobaros at gmail.com>
Subj:  Small SBC kits for Christmas!
Date:  Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:23 am
Size:  918 bytes
To:  cctalk at classiccmp.org

So, every year I like to get myself a little something; this year, I'm
probably going to be getting a new computer (outside the realms of
this list), but I'd also like to get some kind of single-board kit
that I can work on.

I'd like something along the lines of a ZX-81 kit, although it looks
like those are selling for somewhere around $250, when you can find
one. SpareTimeGizmos' Elf 2000 kit also looks fantastic, but I don't
have an 1802 or an 1861 to use in the thing, and I'd rather not hunt
any down. (If anyone wants to get rid of theirs, though, let me know.
*grin*)

Has anyone seen any similar kits out there? They don't have to be
useful for anything, just fun to play with, and not horribly difficult
to put together. I can solder fairly well, and I'm mean with a
multimeter, but I don't have the money for my own oscilloscope; I just
use other peoples' when they're not looking. Thanks, folks!

~Matt