have you seen www.fortran.com?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Dec 18 12:26:16 CST 2007

A REAL programmer can write a FORTRAN program in any language.

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> At least at one time, it was true that FORTRAN was one of the most
> portable language, executing on the widest range of systems.  I think

"more transportable than Syphilis"
The definition of FORTRAN from the "Devil's DP Dictionary", by
Stan Kelly-Bootle:
"FORTRAN n. [Acronym for FORmula TRANslating system.]
 One of the earliest languages of any real height, level-wise, developed
 out of Speedcoding by Backus and Ziller for the IBM/704 in the mid 1950s
 in order to boost the sale of 80-column cards to engineers.
     In spite of regular improvements(including a recent option called
 'STRUCTURE'), it remains popular among engineers but despised elsewhere.
 Many rivals, with the benefit of hindsight, have crossed swords with
 the old workhorse ! Yet FORTRAN gallops on, warts and all, more
 transportable than syphilis, fired by a bottomless pit of working
 subprograms. Lacking the compact power of APL, the intellectually
 satisfying elegance of ALGOL 68, the didactic incision of Pascal, and the
 spurned universality of PL/I, FORTRAN survives, nay, FLOURISHES, thanks
 to a superior investmental inertia."

http://sysprog.net/quotcob.html

If it weren't for FORTRAN, I wouldn't have ended up here.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com