have you seen www.fortran.com?

Antonio Carlini arcarlini at iee.org
Wed Dec 19 16:56:03 CST 2007

Chuck Guzis wrote:
> It used to be that the FORTRAN mathlibs at places like Los Alamos and
> Lawrence Livermore were second to none.  Sadly, I don't know if
> that's true anymore.

For my doctoral work (using a PDP-11 - probably vintage even then -
and a MicroVAX - shiny and new then, definitely on-topic now), I
used the NAG library for all the number crunching.

My son recently did some work experience with them: they now do C
libraries and (it seems) some Java stuff too. Times change I guess.

> Back on topic before I'm castigated.

Perhaps I've inadvertently stumbled across a solution to the perennial
"is this system on-topic in and of itself". If it can run Java then "no"
:-).

Antonio

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
18/12/2007 21:40