small misc. parts available...

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at usap.gov
Thu Dec 20 12:11:37 CST 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 11:38:24AM -0600, Jay West wrote:
> MSD let their main line sewer backup, 10 feet downhill on the street from
> my house. So... all my upstreet neighbors sewage wound up in my basement.

Ow!  That happened to me in a commercial-space basement about 20 years ago.
Unfun.  In my event, I lost a 4' shelf of late 1970s/early 1980s BYTE
magazines, a Diablo 30, and a Beehive terminal (big blocky metal box,
like the ones that are under discussion here every once in a while).

> More as it becomes available...

The only cab parts I am perpetually looking for are the older backdoor
bushings - they sit on a fixed 1/4" dia post at the corner of an H960,
then allow the door skin to pivot around it.  Bad ASCII art follows:

 /===\
 |   |
_+___+_

The whole thing is smaller than a grape.  Some of the cabs I got back
in the day were just plain, bare cabs, no accessories whatsoever.  For
some reason, I never seem to turn up any of those bushings when I go
through piles of DEC rack hardware.

-ethan

--
Ethan Dicks, A-333-S     Current South Pole Weather at 20-Dec-2007 at 18:00 Z
South Pole Station

Ethan.Dicks at usap.gov            http://penguincentral.com/penguincentral.html