AMD9016E speed / lilith memory

Jos Dreesen / Marian Capel jos.mar at bluewin.ch
Fri Dec 21 02:46:03 CST 2007

Brent Hilpert wrote:
> Jos Dreesen / Marian Capel wrote:
>> Suggestions as to why replacing said am9016epc with a mcm4116bp20 does not work,
>> are also welcome.
>
> Should have mentioned this previously, but are all the power supplies there?
> The info I have says the MCM4116BP20 requires +5,–5,+12. It isn't clear as
> to what the 9016 requires but there are other 16K*1 DRAMs listed as requiring
> only +5.

It is a three power device,  all voltages are there. The IC is part of the Lilith memory, which are 4 pcb's with 32 x amd9016 devices each. 16 bit wide for r/w, 64 bits wide for instruction fetch and  video output.
The machine functions, but the defective IC shows up as a white stripe on the display since it is part of the video frame buffer. Changing the IC did not help, of course also the 4116 replacement I used could have been defective.
The graphic board is OK, since (WARNING : board swap !) using another memoryboard solves the problem.
I ordered some exact replacements and will continue when they arrive.

				Jos