Yet another VT-100 emulator

M H Stein dm561 at torfree.net
Mon Dec 24 12:57:56 CST 2007

Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 01:20:15 -0000
From: "Ensor" <classiccmp at memory-alpha.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Yet another VT-100 emulator

<snip>
>But like everyone else, you've missed the point. The OP was originally
>asking about standard IBM cards, not about VESA "standard" cards which are a
>different kettly of fish....
>TTFN - Pete.

Actually, I think *you*'re missing the point of this whole thread, which is the
feasibility of 132 column mode in Dave's VT-100 emulator; FYI I'll quote the OP:
"Does anyone know if any of the more modern (ie: VGA) cards support enhanced
132 column text modes? - And is the video addressing basically the same except
for 132 words of memory per line instead of 80? And where to find more information?
If it could be reliably determined that support was there, and it is compatible with
my text windowing code, it would not be difficult to add support for it."