how to connect a DECprinter I (LA180) ?

Henk Gooijen henk.gooijen at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 09:05:37 CST 2007

The seasonal holidays give me time to play around a bit ...
I wanted to connect my DECprinter I (that's an LA180) but
I could not find any documentation here at home, neither
on the web!  Can somebody who knows or has an LA180
connected tell me how it is hooked to a serial line?
Or point me to an LA180 user's manual on the web?

>From my guess, the BERG header is "standard" as on M7800
DL11's or M7856 DL11-W, SLU's (with the appropriate lugs
either RS-232 or 20 mA current loop), but I would rather be
assured than destroying a very nice printer!

thanks,
Henk