How to connect a DECprinter 1 (LA180)

ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 29 02:43:54 CST 2007

> The LA-120 (DECwriter/printer III) is serial, as is the LA-36, and
> a bunch of other LA-xxx printers.  I think the LA-180 might be
> unique in its naming series to be parallel.

The LA100 is also serial (that's a strange printer with a solenoid to
move the printhead up and down by half the dot pitch, giving NLQ output).

The LA324 (much later) is paralell and serial, the serial port being an
MMJ connector (and the parallel port is a 36 pin Microribbon, wired as a
Centronics connector).