Source for EEPROMs

Richard A. Cini rcini at optonline.net
Mon Dec 31 16:38:08 CST 2007

All:

    I¹m in the process of getting a floppy system running on my IMSAI (I
should have CP/M running on it tomorrow; a separate book report to follow
since I polled this group a few times for info on the topic) and I¹ve been
burning/erasing a lot of EPROMs to get it done. I have an EPROM emulator
somewhere but I can¹t find it.

    Anyway, my programmer can also handle 28C16 EEPROMs. I located some at
Jameco ($4@) and at JDR ($4.50@) but I was looking for a cheaper source if
possible. Googling produces tons of sites with either data sheets or
industrial recovery companies that want to sell 100 of them at a shot. At
most I¹d probably buy a tube (15 or 20) of them.

    Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks again, and Happy New Year to
all.

Rich

--
Rich Cini