TRS-80 Model 1 (was: Arty computers (was: Re: PDP-11/70 in

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 13:34:04 CST 2007

> was abandoned by everyone once we'd gotten 6 shiny new Model 4 machines)=20
> and it had a TRS-80 branded peripheral called the "Vox-Box." It had a=20
> Citizens-Band microphone hooked into (I'm guessing) an A-D converter that=

It was a bit simpler than that. There's the service manual on one of the
TRS-80 sites, and IIRC it's something like a differentiator followed by a
single-bit iuput.

Interetingly, I was given a couple of 'voice' input cards for the Apple
][ a few years ago and one of them has almost idenctical circuitry to the
VOXbox (other than the host interfce of course). I assume said card and
the VOXbox came from the same company originally.